Understanding how we assess the progress and attainment of your children.
We are constantly gathering information about how your child is accessing their learning and making progress against the curriculum objectives. This then informs the class teacher’s planning and indicates where a child might need extra support, or extension, in a particular area.
Information is gathered in various ways
- Day to day through questioning, observing and marking
- Half termly tests in Reading, Writing & Maths
- Termly age standardised tests (PUMA & PIRA)
- Non Verbal Reasoning assessments
- Baseline and end of year tests for years 3, 4 and 5.
- EYFS Baseline, and National Standardised Tests at the end of Key Stage 1 & 2 (SATs)
How do we share this information with you?
We are delighted to meet with you to discuss your child’s progress at any time. We send home reports at the end of every half term and hold Parent Consultation Meetings in the autumn and spring terms. If your child needs additional support, we will arrange a meeting to explain the interventions that you child will receive.
Below is a link to the school performance tables